Hello My Lovelies,
Let me ask you a question ... when was the last time you used a list?
Some people hate lists, some people love lists, some people use them out of habit & some people use them because they’re handy to have.
I’m of the later variety, I only use them if I have to or if I think I will forget something important; like when packing to go on holidays or putting together the grocery list over the course of a week.
Most lists are practical, like the grocery list, but some lists are purely for fun; like this one.
I’m not sure where this one originated from & did try to find the original source but was unable to.
This list my lovelies, is purely for fun. If you like the list, feel free to copy it & mark off what you have done in bold. Here is my version:
1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited The Great Barrier Reef.
5. Stood under the stars in the outback, the real outback – think Uluru.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to the Gold Coast’s theme parks – any one, you take your pick.
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sung a solo.
11. Bungee jumped, or jumped out of plane, been paragliding or hang-gliding, hot air ballooning – you get the idea; you’ve been hundreds of metres about earth in a seemingly flimsy contraption.
12. Visited Melbourne.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Had a child, or raised a child, or worked with children.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Been to the Snowy Mountains.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Visited the Brett Whitely studio in Surry Hills, Sydney.
20. Slept on an overnight train or bus.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Been backpacking.
23. Taken a mental health day.
24. Been buried in sand with just your head and toes sticking out.
25. Held a possum, kangaroo or koala – or any other native Australian animal.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Been in a fun run.
28. Been on the Blue Mountain cable way.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Played, or watched, summer cricket.
32. Sailed, kayaked or canoed our beautiful waterways.
33. Seen the Daintree.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Visited an Aboriginal settlement or mission.
36. Learned a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Toured the Sydney Opera House.
39. Tried rock climbing (indoor or outdoor), abseiling or just simple bushwalking.
40. Visit Queensland’s Gallery of Modern Art.
41. Been to the Tamworth Country Music Festival.
42. Sunbaked at Bondi.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Broome.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone fishing.
49. Seen Tasmania’s old growth forests.
50. Been to the top of Q1, on the Gold Coast.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Driven the Great Ocean Road.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Norfolk Island.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Guide biscuits.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
65. Gone jet boating.
66. Visited Port Arthur.
67. Bounced a cheque.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favourite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Australian War Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Federation Square.
74. Been on the Murray River.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Travelled, or climbed, over the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Three Sisters at Echo Point, Katoomba.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the St Mary’s Cathedral in Sydney.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Been to Hermannsburg, or similar indigenous community.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited Parliament House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Saved a pet.
95. Been to the site of the Eureka Stockade.
96. Swum in the Whitsundays.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit.
98. Owned a mobile phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
100. Read an entire book in one day.
When I first saw this list, my first thought was how hard could it be to do just 100 things in your life ... but when I got to the end of the list I realised that there are lots of adventures still yet to experience.
Who knows, maybe one day I will tick off everything here but something tells me that it probably won’t happen & not because I can’t make them happen but purely because there are some items on this list that just don’t fit me.
Personally, I would take out the word ‘money’ from #37 but only because there are other things in life that can make you truly satisfied.
For #39 I would add ‘face one of your fears & beat it’; in #67 I would add ‘over drawn your bank account’ but only because most of us could say yes to that one – lol!
For #82 I would add ‘or bought the car of your dreams’; but #87 is a tricky one because so many more people are vegetarian these days, so I’m not sure about that one ...
So, my lovelies; if you could change this list – what would you replace?
Until next time, take care and make sure you hug and kiss the ones you love.