Friday, February 13, 2009

First Blog Entry

OK here goes! My first posting on my new blog. I only set this up less than an hour ago after many months of procrastination about whether I should actually create a blog & if so what would I put in it. Well, for a start how many really want to know what is happening in my life apart from family & friends .....

Maybe I should start at the beginning - no not a birth - he he he - but at the beginning of my discovery into blogging & the reasons why I've been inspired by other blogs to create one of my own.

In July 2008 I discovered by accident a some amazing blogs all relating to art & artists of all genres. I started reading them during my lunchbreak at work & within two weeks I wanted a blog of my own. The first blog I found was linked to the website of a gallery in America; "the other side of somewhere" was the first blog I found that spoke about art, life & many other things. This blog lead me to search for others like it & I found so many sites where the bloggers just completely blew my mind. These were artists of all kinds [paint, material] who were living their lives & living their art at the same time - a totally new concept to me.

The blog posts were simple, heartfelt & beautiful, the photos were creative ways of looking at the ordinary things of life & the art - well it was truly amazing!!!

I took out a piece of green paper & started to draw circles on it, inside each circle I listed all the many reasons why I wanted to create my own blog. I look at that piece of paper now & realise that I have neglected this side of myself since that first day & I cannot even explain why I did :(

But I am so glad that this year I've decided to start & finish all those projects that I've wanted to achieve & having a blog is on the list!

So, welcome to my blog; I can only hope that you enjoy this journey with me as I learn, grow & express myself, my life & my art.

Enjoy!

Ciao
Mish :)
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Way to go Mish!
    look forward to seeing lots of crafty inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Mish :) Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog world Mish. You're off to a great start and I will be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the blog I look forward to following it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the land of BLOG - I often wonder if people read what I write - but the flipside is that I know they must as I get comments and hits from all over the world on my map.

    Have fun and I look forward to reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the blog family. We cross stitchers almost make up a clan of our own too.

    Felicity in Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete