Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Night Quickie!

Hello My Lovelies!

Just a Monday night quickie post :)

I was so wrong yesterday morning when I said it wasn't cold on the Gold Coast, because it certainly was chilly on the motorbike! We ended up having to go to two different farmers markets to get what we wanted, but we got to try a Nikimaki [not sure about the spelling] - a Japanese dish of steamed rice, wrapped in Pork & then baked in the oven with a type of soy sauce spooned over the top while cooking. It was very yummy :) :) :)

So we didn't get to Voila' for a yummy, as we were too full from the delicious Japanese. In the afternoon I spent about 4 hours on the computer doing some uni work & research for my uni essay which is due in about 9 weeks - argh!

Quite honestly, it's the research that takes the most time, because:

1 - you have to go & look for articles, books, etc on the topic
2 - read parts of them to see if they are relevant
3 - if they are then you can start to really read the details
4 - take notes from the text to use in your essay
5 - perhaps take even a quote or two

BUT if they are not relevant, then you have to start the whole process all over again - Phew! - no wonder I was over it all by 4.30pm.

So, I went for a nice long walk & yes I was very tired by the time I got back; luckily hubby had made a beautiful rustic Italian soup of potato & berlotti beans - the recipe is in the current issue of the Australian Better Homes & Gardens magazine, but of course hubby changed it!

Actually, he made it exactly to the recipe to start with, tasted it; then changed it by adding a onion which he caramelised in another pan, some garlic, salt, pepper, a tin of tomatoes & more fennell seeds. In the end it was really yummy & there is enough leftovers for a few more meals - yeah!

Before you ask, yes I was able to send of my assessment due today [Monday] in time - I actually emailed it to my lecturer at 9.15pm on Saturday night! I was also able to fix a few things in two other assessments [kindly pointed out by the lecturer], thankfully she gave me the opportunity to change things & resend them to her via email. This is not the first time that she has done this for me & I'm beginning to think that this is part of the way she supports her external students; which really is a very lovely form of support to have. It's great to have a lecturer who will reply to you, point out your mistakes & give you the opportunity to fix them before they mark the assessment - I'm sure we all remember how easy it is to make silly mistakes when you are trying to reach a deadline.

Anyway, I better run as I'm starting to feel quite tired & hubby is starting work early in the morning, so I'll have to make my own breakfast & be ready to leave the house 30 minutes early than normal as I have to drop Nic off at school on the way to work. This is something I always do when he has a shift at Woolworths after school, that way his expensive bicycle [thanks mum & dad] is safe in our garage & I know he will get home safely after his shift is over, as I go & pick him up. Yes, I'm still being the protective mother [as much as he lets me] even though my 'baby' is 17!

Until next time, take care, stay safe & make sure you hug & kiss the ones you love.

Ciao
Mish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment