Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Quick Post

Hello my lovelies :)

Sorry it's been so long since my last post but life has been very hectic lately.

I'm in the middle of week 3 at my new job & still reserving my judgment; I only got a laptop to work from & full email access today at lunch. I realise they are about to move to new premises but why go on about being under pressure & needing help, then bring on new staff to take the workload but not give them the tools they need to do the job properly - sheesh!

Back to university this week & I am determined to not fall behind at all this semester; I took a contract position last semester that involved long hours & all subjects except one got left behind, as I was too tired to study at night. Not this time - I will not allow myself to do that again & consequently the new position I took is a lot more junior than what I am use to - but I am hoping this means little or no overtime & consequently the opportunity to get my uni work done on time.

We also celebrated Nic's 17th birthday at the end of last month [photos later in another post]. Everyone had a great time, even if the food at the restaurant we chose left a lot to be desired - thankfully the manager was happy to take the horrible meal off the bill & not charge us corkage for the champagne or cakeage for the cake we took to the restaurant. It was just a pity that hubby had a bad experience & as a former chef he is the LAST person a restaurant wants to serve a sub-standard meal too. Let's just say anyone who asked about the night out got a full account of how horrible the food was - I suspect he's turned off many people from trying their food - oops!

Other than that we're hoping we are almost at the other end of the cold weather on the Gold Coast - I don't mind Winter but our townhouse has NO insulation, so we boil in Summer & freeze in Winter :( I'm so looking forward to the day that I own my own house with a fireplace & insulation & those clever ceiling heaters/fan/lights in the bathroom!

Anyway, I better run & get stuck into my uni work.

Until next time, take care & make sure you hug & kiss the ones you love.

Ciao
Mish :)

P.S. Hope you like my new photo at the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment