Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Feeling Better Today :)

I just realised that anyone who does not live in Australia would not understand my signing off remark "not happy Jan".

The remark relates to a television advertisement for the telephone directories; basically what happens is the business owner is seen thumbing through the directory to find the listing & cannot see it. So she starts calling for her assistant - Jan. Next you see Jan in the street outside the office running away & the owner with her head stuck out the top floor window yelling "Jan! Jan! Not happy Jan!" If you check out You Tube you can see the ad here. The phrase "not happy Jan" is now a common phrase for many Australians.

So, back to reality. I am feeling better today about receiving three no answers for my three job interviews; although my body is not co-operating with my head & I am physically sick :(

I've had a headache since about 3pm yesterday, my nose is blocked, my eyes are sore [don't know how that works], my body is aching & my stomach has been making the strangest noises. So, I've been drinking lots of Rooibos Tea & trying to eat only simple foods; I do have an accupuncture appointment tomorrow morning, so hopefully the treatment will give me some relief, as I am helping out a friend on her stand at the Gold Coast Craft Show this weekend.

My plans for today were to complete my maths assessment for university that is due on Friday & I still intend to work on it, I just may have to do it in parts; I also have a Language assessment that needs tweaking.

So, I shall say goodbye. Have a great remaining week, stay safe & find ways to enjoy everyday - even when you are unwell.

Ciao
Mish :)

1 comment:

  1. funny, we say "Not Happy Jan" often, and no one here gets it at all...I should send them the you tube video! :)
    Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete