Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stitchng & Uni Holidays

I am really enjoying my university holidays - even if its is only for one week. I'm using the time to re-organise the house & do lots of stitching :)


I took two projects away with me to Tenterfield but unfortunately did not have a good enough light source to do much work in the evenings on either of them.


I am still working on the baby sampler gift but I did get some work done on Valentine Heart 2008 pattern from Kristine Herber at Dragonfly Stitches. Thankfully, I was able to finish off the project last night [photo below].





I did have to frog [undo] most of the left side border stitching as I had mis-counted the placement of these stitches & did not realise until I got to the bottom - argh!


The design is only 53 x 53 stitches in size - so not that large & the fabric is 28 count natural linen - so it was a fairly easy project to stitch.


Next time we go away I'm either going to take a portable stitching light with me or not take any stitching with me at all - problem with option 1 is that a portable light from Spotlight is $129.00 - ouch! Might have to wait a little while for this little splurge.


I also started working on the Wiehenburg Heart sampler last night - yeah!


I only got in 90 minutes of stitching time but because I am using one colour & because I use both methods of creating the stitches my progress was more than I expected.







Being a self taught stitcher, I do not let myself get up with the 'rules' of stitching. Yes I know this will probably shock more than a few stitchers but I find that this works to my advantage at times, as I am willing to try new ideas for creating unusual projects.

The only challenge I am having with this project is the fabric; the edges were not overlocked & I had to pull out the cut threads so that I had an even edge to start working from; regardless of this I am really enjoying this project.

I have no idea what I am going to do with the piece when it is finished - it is not suitable for a pillow & I'm not sure where in the house I could hang it; so I'm rather stuck for ideas.

I would love to hear any of your suggestions :)

Going to spend today stitching, reading, visiting the library & our local art gallery - fun :)

Until next time, take care.

Ciao
Mish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment