Thursday, April 2, 2009

Food & Uni Work

I’m at home today trying to catch up on uni work for Language & Learning & one other subject. It’s raining here on the Gold Coast & the temperature has dropped somewhat, so I decided it would be the perfect day to cook roast vegetables.


You see, the oven in our rented townhouse doesn’t work all that well & most items take a considerable amount of time longer to cook than they should normally. Yes we’ve asked about getting it replaced but when you consider that it took the owners two years to put security screens on our three back doors & one window [this was after everyone else except us had been broken into & hubby was working nights]; I doubt very much that they will replace the oven anytime soon.


So, here I am at home, doing uni work & cooking roasted vegetables. Do you know how HARD it is to study when all you can smell is vegetables roasting!?!


Granted, I’ve had to check on them & swap the two trays between shelves while the cooking happens, but every time I open the oven I get overwhelmed by the smell & my stomach starts to make the loudest noises – lol!


So you know that as soon as they are cooked that is exactly what I’ll be eating – even a piece of chocolate wasn’t sufficient to change my stomach’s desires.




[the vegetables all cooked & ready for me to eat!]



Anyway, that’s enough from me – better get back to the uni work or it won’t be finished in time & I have an assessment that I must put in the post by next Thursday at the latest.



Until next time, stay safe



Ciao


Mish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment